2.3.08

currently reading...



i really don't know why i decided to read this book. perhaps in the back of my mind, i felt that it is a book i should have already tackled. upon talking to my peers, i discovered that most have read it-- one of my friends actually had to read it in high school. it is a piece of literature that coincides with my heritage, and frankly, i felt rather disturbed about not having read it. a part of me felt as if i was lacking, or better yet slacking, so i went to amazon.com and purchased it. i must say, it is an interesting journey thus far. as i was reading last night, i found myself unable to put the novel down: it definitely has a way of grabbing your attention. it's blunt and bold, and i can see why it garnered as much attention as it has through the years. i look forward to finishing it.

No comments: